Udham Singh Nagar
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||UK 06, UK 18|
Temples In Udham Singh Nagar
- Goresh Mahadev Temple
- Maa Durga Temple
- Shivalaya Panch Mandir
- Balaji Mandir Rudrapur
- mandir mankameshwar kalyan
- SHRI MATA BALSUNDRI DEVI CHAITI MANDIR
- Maha Kali Mata Temple
- Durga Mata Mandir Bawwa Nagla
- Shri Sai Baba Mandir, Kashipur
- Atariya Mandir
- Shree Balaji Temple
- shiv mandir paiga
- Durga Mandir
- Devi Mandir
- Hanuman Mandir
Welcome To Udham Singh Nagar
Udham Singh Nagar district is a district of Uttarakhand state in northern India. Rudrapur is the district headquarters. This district consists of seven Tehsilsnamed Bajpur, Gadarpur, Jaspur, Kashipur, Kichha, Khatima, Sitarganj. The district is located in the Terai region, and is part of Kumaon Division. It is bounded on the north by Nainital District, on the northeast by Champawat District, on the east by Nepal, and on the south and west by Uttar Pradesh state. The district was created in October 1995 by Mayawati government out of Nainital District. It is named for freedom fighter and Indian revolutionary Shaheed-i-Azam Sardar Udham Singh. As of 2011 it is the third most populous district of Uttarakhand (out of 13), after Haridwar and Dehradun. G.B. Pant University, noted for its engineers & agriculture scientists, is located 5 km from Rudrapur.
Udham Singh Nagar district was carved out of Nainital district in October 1995 and was named after Saheed Udham Singh, a great freedom fighter, who killed General Dyer and took revenge for the Jalianwala Bagh massacre. The district is also called as the Gateway to Kumaon hills. There are three main sub-divisions Rudrapur, Kashipur and Khatima; four tehsils Kashipur, Kichha, Khatima, Sitarganj and two sub-tehsils Bajpur and Gadarpur.
There are many old monuments surviving in towns and far villages. District is fully surrounded by hills, excellent scenery and outdoor activities are also available to do. The prosperous district is endowed with a very fertile land. Agriculture is the mainstay and there are several agriculture related activities and industries located here. Udham Singh Nagar district is also noted for communal harmony and brotherhood. The district is a melting pot of different cultures, religions and life styles.
- District Headquarters: Rudrapur
- Area: 2912 sq km
- Total Population: 16,48,367
- Literacy Rate: 65.76%
- Languages: Kumaoni, Hindi, Garhwali
- Best Season: Mar – Jun
Places to Visit in Udham Singh Nagar
- Rudrapur: Rudrapur is the Headquarter of the Udham Singh Nagar district. So The Administrative Processes Of Udham Nagar Are Held On Rudrapur. Histories Prove That The Place Rudrapur Previously Was A Refugee Camp For Peoples From Pakistan, Burma And Western Punjab Zones. Industrialization Is Well Reflected In This Area, Major Asian Companies Like Tata, Britannia, Nestle, Ashok Leyland, Dabour Set Up Their Industrial Plants Over Here.
- Atariya Temple: The famous shrine of Goddess Atariya is 2 kms. from the bus stand off Rudrapur, Haldwani route. A 10 day fair is held here during the sacred Navratras. Large number of devotees visits the shrine on this occasion. Atariya Temple Was Built By King Rudra. Historians Said That, Once Rudra Pass Through Rudrapur His Chariot Was Sink In Mud, With The Help Of Locales He Recovered Chariot Wheels From Mud. Due To The Loyal Approach Of Locales, He Decided To Build A Temple In The Name Of Atariya, Goddess. The Famous Shrine Of Goddess Atariya Is Only Just 2 Km Far From The Original Spot. However The Main Festive Seasons Held On Navaratri Secessions, On This Occasion, Large Number Of Devotees Are Coming To This Spot To Visit Goddess Atariya. Kashipur- The Place Kashipur Was Previously Known As Govisham, It Is Also Believed That In The Period Of (606-647 AD Times, Top Notch Chinese Scholar Yuan Chwang Visited This Place. However The Major Visitors-Attracting Monuments Are Defragmented In The Harsha Period, Proven Evident Like Govisham Fort, Tumaria Dam Are The Instance Of Broken Monuments. These Zones Are Currently Undertaken By Archaeological Department Of Uttarakhand. Kashipur Is Named After Kashinath Adhikari, One Of The Top Officers In The Chand Dynasty Located In Kumaon. He Is Considered As The Founder Of Current Town. You Can See Lots Of Sikh Temples In This Area; This Place Has Lots Of Punjabis Influence As Well. It Is A Belief That Place Kashipur Has Partially Existed By Ponds; History Point Out That There Were 32 Temples Situated Here Which Is Surrounded By Ponds. Swamy Dayand (Founder Of Arya Samaj) Visited This Place Once Back. Chaiti Mela Is One Of The Famous Festivals Of Kashipur.
- Nanak Matta (56 kms.) : This important Sikh pilgrim centre lies on the Rudrapur-Tanakpur route. It is believed that Guru Nanak, the first Sikh Guru visited here. Thousands of pilgrims come here throughout the year. This Is The One Important Pilgrim Center Which Lies On Rudrapur-Tanakpur Route. Nanakmatta Dam (Situated 17 Km Far From Udham Nagar) Is Best Location For Picnicking And Sightseeing. The Dam (Nanakmatta) Built Across The Sarayu River In The Era Of Guru Nanak (First Sikh Guru) Built In Purpose For Irrigation. Nanak Matta Is One Of The Important Pilgrim Centers In The Rudrapur-Tanakpur Route. It Is Also Belief That Guru Nanak First Visits This Place. Numerous Pilgrims Are Visiting This Place Day By Day.
- Kashipur: The historical and industrial town is named after Kashinath Adhikari, one of the officers of the Chand rulers of Kumaon, who founded the present town.
- Chaiti Devi Temple: It is 2.5 kms. from Kashipur bJJS stand on the Kashipur-Bajpur route. A large fair is held during the ‘Navratras’ and thousands of devotees visit the shrine. Giri Sarovar : The charming lake is about 2 kms. from Kashipur bus stand on the Kashipur – Ramnagar route. It is a beautiful picnic spot. There are also hotels and Tourist Rest House over here.
- Pantnagar: Pantnagar is synonymous with Gobind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology. It is the first university in India to blend technology with agriculture. It Is The One Top Rated Industrial Area In Uttarakhand, Implementation Of Integrated Industrial Estates Became The Reason To Get Vast Popularity Of This Area. Top Industries Like Tata, Bajaj Automobiles, Nestle, Britannia, And Dabour Already Established Their Industrial Parks Over Here. Gobind Ballabh Pant University Of Agriculture And Technology; The First Agriculture University Is Situated Over Here. Haldwani, Jim Corbet National Park And Nanital Are The Tourist Places That Are Near To Pantnagar. Also There Are Various Dams For Tourists And Fishing Located In Uttarakhand Like Haripura Dam In Gadarpur. Sharda Sagar Dam In Khatima, Baur Dam In Bajpur.Tumariya Dam At Kashipur And Dhaura Dam At Kichha
How to reach Udham Singh Nagar
The Place Udham Singh nagar is well connected with major travel sources
- By Air: Nearest Airport is Pantnagar ( 11 km)
- By Rail: Udham Singh Nagar (Rudrapur) is well connected to Delhi, Lucknow and Kolkata by direct broad gauge line.
- By Road: Udham Singh. Nagar (Rudrapur) is well connected to important towns & cities of the country and nearby area.
Distance From major local by cities to Udham Singh nagar
Delhi - 254 kms
Noida - 245 Km
Agra - 301 kms
Lucknow - 343 kms
Tanakpur - 101 kms
Haridwar - 228 kms
Dehradun - 285 kms
Kashipur - 56 kms